Have you gone skiing this season? No? The good news for all ski lovers is that there are loads of incredible places worldwide where you can ski all year long – and even all day long! Here are just 20 resorts you should seriously consider as your next skiing destination!
1. Meribel, France
Absolutely lovely resort sandwiched between Courchevel and Val Thorens, this place has less crowds and more budget-friendly accommodations. The scenery is as beautiful and as luxurous as that of Courchevel, yet the prices tend to be at half the price. Be sure to grab a glass of the local mulled wine at the end of the day. It’s simply magnificent!
– Accommodations: Double rooms start at €80 per night.
– Weather: Mostly sunny and dry during January, with average temperatures at -5 to 2 degrees Celsius.
– Travel tip: Don’t miss the huge indoor ice rink and a swimming pool!
2. Cervinia, Italy
Situatted just on the opposite side of a popular Swiss ski resort Zermatt, Cervinia resort and hotels prices tend to be about half the cost, with the same array of skiing tracks. The place is great for both beginner and pro-riders. Just make sure you don’t run into Switzerland by accident.
– Accommodations: You can rent out an apartment for a week starting at €250 per person.
– Weather: Daily average temperatures fall between -10 and -5 degrees Celsius during during winter.
– Travel tip: Freestylers should check out “IndianPark” with over 400 meters of incredible kickers and rails. Be sure you stay ’til late, as the hottest parties happen there too!